gnucash: opening account freezes X for 10s

  relevant packages:

  gnucash        1.6.1-3
  fvwm           2.4.0-3

  debian unstable, kernel 2.4.5, X 4.1.0

  I noticed following problem (today): whenever I double-click account
the X windows freezes for about 10 seconds (nothing works, mouse pointer
moves), then the window is opened and all is fine. There is basically
zero load and most of the memory and swap is free (gkrellm says). Other
then that system is responsive...

  when I use different window manager the account window is opened
immediately! [I only tried enlightenment so far]

  I updated both fvwm and gnucash so I guess one of those (or
interaction between the two) is causing the problem. It used to work
fine last time I tried (few days ago). Any ideas how to figure out
what's going on? anybody else seen this?

  TIA

	erik