Re: who has *arguably* the best iptables firewall script around here?

	Subject: Re: who has *arguably* the best iptables firewall script around here?
	Date: Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:55:19PM +0200

Quoting Cliff Sarginson(cliff@raggedclown.net):
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:42:39PM +0200, thomas anderson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If you think you do please tell us why and also kindly send me a copy too!
> > :)
> >
> Well, mine seems ok, I do not run inetd when connected, which does
> not really lose me that much in pratcise. Nexus's only complaint
> about my setup is about "lpd", and I do not know how to solve
> that yet.

Cliff
   This might be what you are looking for

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i $IEXT -p tcp --dport 515 -j LOG --log-level NOTICE --log-prefix "Printer-Attack-Rejected:"
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i $IEXT -p tcp --dport 515 -j DROP
                      ^^^ ppp0 in my case
--
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.