Re: java

	Subject: java
	Date: Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:07:02PM -0500

Quoting xucaen@yahoo.com(xucaen@yahoo.com):
> Hi all..  For some reason, Java doesn't work with netscape. Is there
> a seperate package I need to install to get java to work with
> netscape?

You didn't say which dist you are running Woody or Potato.  If one of
them add this to your apt/sources.list.
#  JAVA
deb
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian
woody non-free
^^^  or potato

Run apt-get update and apt-get install j2re1.3  That will get you

Package: j2re1.3
Section: non-free/misc
Installed-Size: 35020
Maintainer: Juergen Kreileder <jk@blackdown.de>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.3.1-1
Replaces: j2sdk1.3
Provides: j2pi1.3, java-virtual-machine
Depends: java-common, gsfonts-x11, locales, shellutils, fileutils, libc6 (>= 2.1.2), xlib6g (>= 3.3.6-4)
Suggests: netscape | mozilla (>= 0.9.1)
Conflicts: j2sdk1.3
Filename: dists/woody/non-free/binary-i386/j2re1.3_1.3.1-1_i386.deb
Size: 13613764
MD5Sum: bc117e61d2fca6dd59618d9b8796afc7
 The Blackdown Java-Linux Java 2 Runtime Environment contains the Java
 virtual machine, runtime class libraries, and Java application
 launcher that are necessary to run programs written in the Java
 progamming language (this includes the Java 2 Plug-In for Netscape
 and Mozilla browsers).  It is not a development environment and
 doesn't contain development tools such as compilers or debuggers.
 For development tools, see the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition (package
 j2sdk1.3)

HTH

--
MACINTOSH stands for Most Applications Crash If Not The Operating
System Hangs.