Re: Streaming and Win Media Player plug-in

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 02:48 pm, Daniel Toffetti wrote:
> Hi folks !
>
> I tried to access the page of a streaming broadcast, and Mozilla send
> me to go download the plug-in... right here !!
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/Download/ \
> default.asp?tcode=9#location2?application/x-mplayer2
>
> Is there any chance I can listen to this broadcasts while running
> Debian ??
>
> Daniel

Try to find the broadcast on another station that streams MP3 . You can use
'xmms' or similar to listen.

i.e. http://linux0.cs.uaf.edu/radio/

AFAIK Windows streaming media server is not supported in Linux. The 'other'
popular commercial product  is : Real Audio. Most stations stream in one of
these medias :( even those publically funded ones.

Greg Madden