ProFTPd and NIS problems

Before I shoot of a bug report to the ProFTPd guys, I was wondering if
any of you have run into this one before.  We're using ProFTPd
Version 1.2.0pre10, and I've experienced this problem with both the
2.0 and 2.1 packages.

Some users, all users are authenticated via NIS, cannot list the
contents of their home directories.  They can manipulate any file in
the directory as long as they know what the name of the file is, but
the list function fails.  This is a very consistent issue that spans
the userbase and multiple groups.  I can't quite find a pattern.

We do use netgroups and NIS distributed passwd/group files.  Home
directories are automounted from a network file server.

Any ideas?

--
Chad "^chewie" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>
        http://wookimus.net/chewie