quick question-where does XFree86 put drivers it uses?

Hi,

  I am currently using the default nv driver for my X-server and would like to upgrade to the newer NVdriver from NVIDIA. I have successfully built the binary version of the driver and the readme tells me I need to put this where XF86Config file can see it...However, I can't seem to find the default nv driver's location...

If anybody has done this before a couple of tips would be appreciated.

btw, I am using a tnt graphics card...

Thanks for any info