Re: Stop the beeping

Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

<snip>

My problem is that the machine beeps a lot via the PC Speaker.  For
example, Sometimes when Galeon opens a new window, it beeps.  Sometimes
the machine just beeps and I'm not doing anything.  It always beeps when I
shade/unshade a window.  I have turned off beeping at the console (via
setterm), and I have enable esound.  I can see it running:

<snip>

No answer for all of it, but part of it may be your email client letting you know you have new messages. I know Netscape Messenger does this on my boxes.

Kent