Re: Problem installing sis900.o on Potato

#include <hallo.h>
Chan Siu On wrote on Tue Aug 28, 2001 um 01:44:50PM:

>  I have a SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter installed on my computer
>  but I have no idea how to install the module properly.

Beware, this is an ugly low-cost card.

> may not be configured properly. I try to add "io=0xcc00 irq=05" as the
> command line arguments, it then says that parm_io is invalid. However, the

Right, PCI is plug-and-play, no manuall options to set. And where do you
have this options from?

> ethernet adapter is found in `cat /proc/pci`, therefore Linux must have
> detected the adapter.

Why not include the output in your mail, instead of make us guess about
what you mean?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.