Re: XFree86 4.x RENDER extension...

On Monday 27 August 2001 15:23, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 27 2001, Slaven Peles wrote:
> > Make sure what chipset your video card use. Some of Rage Mobility
> > cards use Mach64 in which case there is no help; there is no render
> > support for these.
>
> 	Uh, oh!
>
> 	I guess that mine is one of those. Mine is an ATI Rage
> 	Mobility LT, with only 4MB of RAM and, AFAIK, this is a
> 	Mach64. :-(
>
> 	Is it not possible to implement the RENDER extension with this
> 	hardware or isn't there demand for it? I'd surely love to get
> 	my notebook working with one of these.
>
> 	This is one of the things that aren't so good with portables:
> 	they aren't as expansible as their desktop counterparts. :-(
>

> 	[]s, Roger...

Nowhere at XFree86 web site is explicitely said that there is no DRI support
or render extension for Mach64 based video cards, but apparently they are not
supported. It seems that nobody is willing to make a driver for these cards,
so we can either try to do it ourselves, or just live without those goodies
:-(. Oh, yes, we can also ask ATI to release Linux drivers for Mach64 cards.

Slaven