Re: 3com NIC card configuration

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 06:17:58PM -0400, dman wrote:
> The "2.2.12" version refers the Linux kernel that is included in that
> release of Debian.

uh, no.. potato ships with 2.2.17pre[something], it's recommended to
update to 2.2.19

> IIRC this is the same as in my brother's Dell.  In Windows it says
> that the 3c920 has a 3c90x compatibility mode/feature.  Choose the
> 3c90x driver.  When I tried booting his machine as a "diskless"
> station using a grub boot floppy I used the 3c90x driver without any
> difficulty.

just to avoid confusion: the driver for the 3com 905 is 3c59x, i don't
know whether it would work for your 3com 920 card though.. the dummy net driver
should be in the net category in modconf, if it's not please specify
again what version of debian gnu/linux and what linux kernel you are
using.. also, whether it's a stock kernel image or one you compiled
yourself..

regards,
	frank.