Re: ext3 howto

Hall Stevenson saw fit to inform me that:
>> I have posted a mini-howto from my experiences in
>> converting from ext2 to ext3 file system on my
>> Debian 2.2 R-3 machine. Do have a look at it and let
>> me know if any corrections needed or something can
>> be added to make it even better.
>
>You want to make sure that copying and pasting *most* of your
>HOWTO from this page,
>http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/ext3-usage.html,
>worked okay ?? Sorry, either you copied it or you were
>thinking exactly like the person who wrote the steps on the
>'official' ext3 patch site were.

Yes. Some part I have just copied and pasted it from the above site and I
think I have mentioned about it too in the howto.

>Examples:
>
>The ext3 site:
>
>An ext2 filesystem maybe converted to ext3 by creating a
>journal file on it.  To do this, run
>
>tune2fs -j /dev/hdXX
>
>on the target filesystem.  The filesystem is now ext3!  Note
>that the filesystem need not be unmounted for this operation.
>

>Yours:
>
>An ext2 filesystem maybe converted to ext3 by creating a
>journal file on it.  To do this, run
>
>tune2fs -j /dev/hdXX
>
>on the target filesystem.  The filesystem is now ext3! Note
>that the filesystem need not be unmounted for this operation.

You are spot on. Yes. That is copy paste, but I thought the above
explaination is the best one. Is there any point in my changes few words
here and there just to say it is my howto. No. That is the reason.

Look at the last link in the howto there I have clearly mentioned about
this and I have even given the above link too. I have just added few things
about kernel compilation and you can say rather than the one page I have
organised it a little bit.

If this has hurt somebody than I apologise.

Bye bye.

Rajesh Fowkar                       hsejar@gmx.co.uk
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.9(ext3), Mutt 1.3.20i, IceWM
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious