Sid Newbie - some questions

Hi,

Today I installed Sid (via Potato) and became a Debian user, after many
years as a RedHat/Mandrake user.  Because of this I have a number of
questions:

1. How can I see what distribution a package came from?  Basically, I
want to check that all of the packages on my system are from Sid, not
Potato.

2. How do I verify the dependancies, i.e. check that no packages should
be installed.  When I was upgrading to Sid I got a number of errors
which I believe I have solved, but would like to check this!

3. I guess to access my Reiserfs home drive I've got to recompile the
kernel?

4. Okay - trouble-shooting time.  When I start X if works fine for about
2 minutes, then the mouse jerks for a few seconds before locking up.
Any idea why this is?

5. As XFree86 initializes I get these errors on the console:

Symbol __glXMalloc from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXFree from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXLastContext from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

6. What mailing list should questions like this go to?  Is debian-user
for the stable release only, or all releases including Sid?

Thanks for any help,

Ross