Re: ext3 howto

> I have posted a mini-howto from my experiences in
> converting from ext2 to ext3 file system on my
> Debian 2.2 R-3 machine. Do have a look at it and let
> me know if any corrections needed or something can
> be added to make it even better.

You want to make sure that copying and pasting *most* of your
HOWTO from this page,
http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/ext3-usage.html,
worked okay ?? Sorry, either you copied it or you were
thinking exactly like the person who wrote the steps on the
'official' ext3 patch site were.

Examples:

The ext3 site:

An ext2 filesystem maybe converted to ext3 by creating a
journal file on it.  To do this, run

tune2fs -j /dev/hdXX

on the target filesystem.  The filesystem is now ext3!  Note
that the filesystem need not be unmounted for this operation.

Yours:

An ext2 filesystem maybe converted to ext3 by creating a
journal file on it.  To do this, run

tune2fs -j /dev/hdXX

on the target filesystem.  The filesystem is now ext3! Note
that the filesystem need not be unmounted for this operation.

There's more...

Hall