Re: The Sound of Silence

Ok, finally something real.

It's yiff that's dominating the sound files:

#fuser -v /dev/dsp
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/dsp             root        245 f....  yiff

#ps auxwww
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root       245  0.1  0.4  1084  272 ?        S    16:03   0:00
/usr/sbin/yiff /etc/yiff/yiffrc

The Sound HowTo only mentions FTAPE conflicts for DMA, I'm not using
FTAPE nor do I have that module loaded.

I beg the lists indulgence in this matter, I believe I have at last
traced it down to the point where I can't do anything more.

Curt-

--
The Road goes ever on and one, down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone and I must follow, if I can,