[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: The Sound of Silence]]

One more comment:

I continue to get "/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy" when trying to use
sound. If I "cat message.au > /dev/audio" even as root, I get the
message "/dev/audio Device or resource busy".

Also, reading the sound HowTo has not been helpful, it's all well and
good if things *work*, but not when things don't.

But it did suggest the contents of /dev/sndstat, so here that is:

--
The Road goes ever on and one, down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone and I must follow, if I can,