Re: mod-ssl vs apache-ssl

Am 26. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Erdmut Pfeifer so:

> In terms of practical usability, I'd say no -- at least I wouldn't
> know of any. If you search the web for differences between the two SSL
> implementations, about the only thing you'll find is a difference in
> philosophy: apache-ssl is primarily focusing on stability, while
> mod_ssl (or Ralf Engelschall, to be more precise) dares to add new
> features as required...

Achso. Thanks for this info. Didn't come out with my previous question. That
might or might not be important for our setup at work.

BTW, the previous consensus seemed to be run whatever you want :).

> As to the stability of mod_ssl, I can say that we've been using apache
> + mod_ssl in various projects for quite some time now, and we've never
> had any problems with stability so far.

Cool. Good to know.

danke,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  The only way for a woman to change a man