colors wrong with X4.0.3/testing

I finally decided to get my woody machine at home to use the X4.0.3 nv
driver instead of the xserver-svga from 3.3.6 it had been using.

After some struggling with apt-get and dpkg, I finally decided to
uninstall all X-related packages and start over. This worked fine except
that now colors are screwed up when I run mozilla or
netscape. Basically, blues are rendered as aqua/green and netscape, at
one point, complained about not being able to "allocate pixmap for
default background." Up until now mozilla/netscape are the only apps
that have given me trouble.

Is there a package I'm still missing? Or maybe my XF86Config-4 file's
missing something? Any ideas?

TIA