Re: Xwindows

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:37:37 -0700, Ron Sanders wrote:

> ** Hellos there. I'm trying to get XWindows to run, but it won't for some
> ** strange reason. after i run XF86Setup as root, and get it all rolling, i get
> ** this error _XIITransSocketUNIXConnet : can't connect errano 111
> **
> ** I just got Debian, and just tried my first hand at installing Linux :S
> **
> ** Anyone got a clue what i'm doing wrong?

Hi!

I dont't know why your XWindows isn't running. Do you installed xfree version
3.xx? If yes you should install xviddetect. You can find this tool at Opt X11
by using dselect. After installing make an anXious as root. Then you can
configure your XWindow system whith this userfriendly menu based tool. It is
much easyer to get success then with XF86Setup. And note: in .xsession-errors
of your home direcory you can get more useful informations why your X11 isn't
running. Do you installed a windowmanager like gnome, kde or wmaker?

Timo