Re: questions

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:37:55 -0700, James T Prejsnar wrote:

> **Question 1)  I'm using DHCP in my home network, and I'm having problems
> ** getting the network interface up and running.  Can I add the networking
> ** interface module for my 3Com card or do I have to rebuild the kernel?  I'm
> ** seeing error messages about my ethO when my system is booting.
> **
> ** Question 2)  When my machine is booting up, I see IRQ error messages about
> ** my SoundBlaster AWE 32 card.  How do I fix this?

If your soundcard driver is an module, you can use modconf to change the
setting for IRQ.

> ** Question 3)  I have Windows 98 SE, and used to have Red Hat 6.0 installed on
> ** my machine.  I used LILO to switch booting from Windows/Linux.  When I
> ** replaced Red Hat with Debian, I used "GRUB", but now Windows doesn't boot.
> ** Can I fix this without reinstalling Windows?

Login as root, edit your /etc/lilo.conf and write this lines:

others=/dev/hda1   # or hda2, hda3 .......
	label=windows

then make a #lilo, to write a new lilo to MBR. Then you should be able to boot
both systems.

Timo