Re: how do i extract a bullet from my foot (tar woes)

Karsten M. Self muttered:
> on Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:17:32AM +1000, Brian May (bam@debian.org) wrote:
> I'm trying to remember a trick (probably in O'Reilly's _UNIX Power
> Tools_) for removing files by inode...
Arg. In my first System V admin class, the instructor showed us how to
specify the filename in octal so that you could manipulate filenames
with un-typable chars. I realize that this trick would probably fail
here (a dash - is a dash - is a dash -), but can anyone remind me how to
do this?

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney