Re: how do i extract a bullet from my foot (tar woes)

on Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:17:32AM +1000, Brian May (bam@debian.org) wrote:

>     Karsten>     $ find . -type f -name '--remove-files' -exec rm -f
>     Karsten> {} \;
>
> If it weren't for the fact that "find" prefixes the name of the file
> with "./", then this wouldn't work.

Note that I was posting an alternative, the 'rm -- --remove-files'
solution is the one I'd generally recommend.

I'm trying to remember a trick (probably in O'Reilly's _UNIX Power
Tools_) for removing files by inode.  Trying to remember what it was or
in what context it worked.  I think it was for files with odd characters
which would be interpreted as argument seperators, not for files
beginning with a dash or double-dash.