play audio cd with normal user

I've got sound working for normal users and I can mount one of two cdrom
drives with normal users by using a link (/dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc) to it.
It's than mounted to /cdrom.
When I'm root I can play a audio cd in /dev/hdc just by clicking on /cdrom
(why this is I don't know) but when I'm a normal user I can't open the cd
anywhere.
And when I want to mount the cd I need to give mount the type of filesystem
and I don't know what the filesystem is (it's a normal audio cd with .cda
tracks).
I allready added the user to the group of /dev/hd*

Dr.Nemo
PS: please reply to my own mailadres instead of to the list cause I'm not
subscribed.