Re: /etc/apt/sources.list question... Where are they?

Craig Dickson wrote:

will trillich wrote:

# dpkg -S apt-setup
base-config: /usr/sbin/apt-setup
base-config: /usr/share/debconf/templates/apt-setup.templates
base-config: /usr/share/man/man8/apt-setup.8.gz

apt-setup has one of the least helpful man pages I've ever seen. Is this
an interactive program? It doesn't say. How do you use it? I always
thought that's what man pages are for...

man pages haven't improved much in over 25 years. Sometimes they are more useful than others. Fortunately we have also several other choices of documentation types and listserves and newsgroups.

Paul Scott