Re: /etc/apt/sources.list question... Where are they?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 06:52:39PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
> will trillich wrote:
>
> > # dpkg -S apt-setup
> > base-config: /usr/sbin/apt-setup
> > base-config: /usr/share/debconf/templates/apt-setup.templates
> > base-config: /usr/share/man/man8/apt-setup.8.gz
>
> apt-setup has one of the least helpful man pages I've ever seen. Is this
> an interactive program? It doesn't say. How do you use it? I always
> thought that's what man pages are for...

seldom does a command-line executable cause damage without your
express consent (rm being an exception). try it -- it uses a
curses interface (maybe that's configurable somewhere, that's
how it works on my potato debian) and asks how to look (cdrom,
http, ftp, ...) and where to look (this media? that web
address?)

very nice.

	http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net/system/apt-get-intro.html

--