Re: Anti-Debian Discruimination (was: DEB vs RPM)

"David McNab" <david@rebirthing.co.nz> writes:

>>From my short time with Debian so far, I sense that there may be some
> discrimination against the debian platform. The excerpt below is one
> dramatic instance.

The excerpt below is not one dramatic instance.  It's a sensationalist
article from a publication which apparently hasn't read the LSB,
hasn't read the discussion that went through debian-user and
debian-devel, and is just trying to rile people up (LATE) to get
readers.  I'd suggest not reading LinuxFormat, if they can't be
troubled to get things right.

Check out
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200107/msg00071.html,
for starters.

> From: Miaoling Chiu <chiu_miaoling@yahoo.com>

>> I just received my September issue of LinuxFormat
>> Magazine. The following from page 62 should be of
>> interest to this group:
>>
>> RPMs in, DEBs out
>>
>> LINUX STANDARDS BOARDS SETTLES ON RPM

FORTH IF HONK THEN