Re: Choosing a Debian Variant

On August 22, 2001 03:31 pm, Nathan Weston wrote:
> probably won't be able to do. I was recently in a similar situation to you
> (wanting to migrate from RedHat). From my experience, installing debian
> will be hard. You will spend long hours reading man pages and HOWTOs and
> banging your head against the keyboard. You will do lots of posting to this

I don't know if I was very lucky or what, but my recent 'migration' from RH
to Debian was straightforward. It was basically put the CD in (potato) and
answer questions. The only question I found difficult was which kernel
modules to install. If in doubt one can install all of them and get the same
thing one gets with RH kernel.

Cheers,
Slaven