Re: glibc version

>> I want to install Oracle 8i on my woody box.
>> The Oracle installation requires glibc 2.1.3 version.
>> I was looking for glibc package, but i didn't found
>> it.
>> The only package that names glibc is libstdc++
>>
>> What package should I install to satisfy the glibc
>> 2.1.3
>> requirement?
>>
>> thanks
>snip
>
>libc6 2.1.3 is in Debian Stable.

Wouldn't downgrading libc6 to 2.1.3 on a woody/sid box break your system?
This happened to me
(see my previous thread "libc6 downgraded; system won't boot" on p. 8 of the
August debian-users archive). In that case, someone installed libc6 2.1.3
over libc6 2.2.3, and immediately the system became unusable (everything
complained about libc.so.6 not being found), and subsequently could not even
boot.

Thanks to John Patton for his earlier suggestions to fix that problem, by
the way. I ended up completely reinstalling due to a stupid mistake on my
part, so never got as far as trying his fix.

Bruce