Re: Ask for information

High,

> I am writing to ask this information:  I want to know if it is possible
> to convert Informix 2.1000B Software Development Kit (SDK) in Debian
> Gnu-Linux 2.2r3 "Potato".  If it is possible, please, tell me where I
> can find any resource.  Your help is foundamental to decide to buy a
> Debian distribution, in fact I want to use O.S. Linux to run Informix
> 2.1000B.  Any help are welcome.

Please enable line wrap at 72 chars. thanx.

Well, I took a look at their website (http://www.informix.com/evaluate/)
and there seem to be much different versions available. I think it is more
wise to contact them and ask which version would be best for you.

Every ordinary program that runs under Linux, also runs under Debian. If
the program is packed (e.g. .rpm) you could use 'alien' to convert it to a
Debian package.

BTW: how do you mean 'buy'? It is free and can be downloaded. At most it
will cost you $5 for the first CD, which should be enough to try. No big
investment.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan