Re: More problems with xfstt

Thanks for this pointer - as it turns out, you're right; a barcode font
was the first returned when xfstt was on.  I've fixed it like this; a
hack, but it makes things work right:

1.) Make a new font directory:
mkdir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/default

2.) Put the default font in it:
cd /usr/lib/X11/fonts/default
ln -s ../misc/10x20.pcf.gz

3.) Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config:
Section "Files"
        RgbPath         "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/default/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/default/"
        FontPath        "unix/:7101"
        FontPath        "unix/:7100"

That causes non-picky applications (e.g., those that just use the first
font available) to be assigned the default (10x20), since it's the first
one returned by the fonts system.

Thanks for your help,
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA