Re: More problems with xfstt

Andrew Perrin <aperrin@email.unc.edu> writes:

> But the same problem is popping up in other places, including xdvi
> and xfontsel.  In both of these places, all buttons and menus are
> displayed in a barcode font, making them unusable to anyone without
> a photographic memory.

If you don't specify a default font for many apps, they'll choose the
first one they see in the list.  This is often bad.  Unfortunately, I
know of no way to change the order of the list (it's not based on
directory order in the search path, afaict), so I just added a

*font: fixed

to my .Xdefaults.

The reason it happens only on one machine and not the other, and only
with xfstt, is that you have a TT font on one machine but not the
other, and that's the one that showing up.

Or, that's as far as I can tell.

Nobody ever died from oven crude poisoning.