More problems with xfstt

Well, I fixed the emacs problem I asked about earlier by specifying a
particular font for emacs menus. But the same problem is popping up in
other places, including xdvi and xfontsel.  In both of these places, all
buttons and menus are displayed in a barcode font, making them unusable to
anyone without a photographic memory.

Can someone who understands font selection help with what might be
happening? This happens only when using truetype fonts via xfstt. When I
turn off xfstt, everything works as normal. Oddly enough, it happens only
on my office machine; my home machine is happy with xfstt.

Details:
- IBM Netvista A40
- nVidia video card
- Debian 2.2r3, all patches

Thanks.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA