Re: VMware and Debian

Dan Pomohaci <dan_pomohaci@yahoo.com> writes:
> Did somebody succeed to install VMware on a stable Debian (or Progeny)
> box? If yes how?

  Yup, I had VMware running on Potato, and now on Woody.

  If you're running a kernel other than what VMware has prebuilt
  modules for, you'll need to get the kernel-source page for your
  kernel so that VMware can build its modules on the fly.

  Adding RTC to your kernel is a good suggetion.

  I noticed the following line in my initial XFree 4.x configuration:

      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension

  I commented it out and the VMware warning about not having DGA went
  away and I was able to run full screen again.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!