Re: creating updated debs

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 12:14:41PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> > Sometimes it's possible to download the package source from testing or
> > frozen and build and install that. It keeps you from having to make a new
> > package, and is a mostly automated process.
>
> I'm using testing right now.  Is their a way I could download from sid
> w/ apt-get and not edit my /etc/apt/sources.list every time?

Well, if you didn't mind compiling (which would probably be a good idea),
you could just specify the sid source four dec-src, and then use
apt-get -b source to make your debs.  It should be relatively easy, as long
as the build dependancies are satisfied (which you'd have to do anyways, if
you wanted to compile the package by hand).
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/