Re: creating updated debs

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 12:14:41PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> > Sometimes it's possible to download the package source from testing or
> > frozen and build and install that. It keeps you from having to make a new
> > package, and is a mostly automated process.
>
> Hey,
>
> I'm using testing right now.  Is their a way I could download from sid
> w/ apt-get and not edit my /etc/apt/sources.list every time?
>
> Just for curiosity's sake, would my previous idea work?

You could use wget to fetch to sources. I don't think there's a way to
specify a secondary optional source in apt.

Your idea would work, but it's a lot more work than is needed, especially if
there is a testing or sid package for the software.

-B

--
Brandon High                                     armitage@freaks.com
Love is like a roller coaster. When it's good you don't want to get off,