Re: Need Motherboard input for evaluation with Debian Woody

Once in debian galaxy, I heard John Foster say

> 3. Asus CUV4X-D dual P-III 1.13 Ghz CPU
> 4. MSI 694D Pro2 dual P-III 1.13 Ghz CPU
For this part I had abit VP6 which has very similar configuration. My
cpus are PII933 stepping cc0.

This board has never anything else besides debian. I pull my old hardisk
from an old PPRO box, put it in, turn the new box on. It works straight
away. From then, I recompile smp kernel and everything is set :).

I had only 512M ram though. Abit claims that this board support up to 2G
PC133 SDRAM.

I still have some troubles getting nvidia driver working stably instead
of nv driver for my Geforce2 MX200.

Otherwise, everything is working very fine, including firewire camera on
pci firewire card.

> Which is faster; dual cpu PIII or single cpu PIV. These machines will
> not ever be exposed to Microsoft software so I am only concerned with
> performance using Linux. I prefer Debian of course but anyone with
> experience with other distros are welcome. All boards will have memory
> of 2 Gb. And will be using a video card with 32 Mgb of memory.
> Thanks ALL!

I'd prefer dual cpu set up for my task which I think I can get benefit
from the 2nd cpu more than from faster processor.

check out www.2cpu.com and www.vp6-board for more info.

Chanop
--
| May Debian be with you ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ chanop@debian.org|