Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 destruss@iowatelecom.net wrote:

>  As to linux being viral, I'm guessing that they are assuming the
> majority of viruses and worms (or what have you) are being
> produced on a linux system. After all, linux has always been a

I don't think that was their point.  It is not viral in that respect, but
it is viral in that (from what I understand) anything GPL'ed can't get
sucked into another program without that other program being required to
be GPL'ed as well.    Thus, everything from then on that uses that
original code must then be GPL'ed.  Is that correct?

Jeff

--
Jeff Maxson
jbmaxson@surfglobal.net