Re: i740 X server

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 03:23:43PM +0000, Ch?taignier Etienne uttered:
>  I've got a intel 740 graphic card and I don't know how to
> make it work for the debian because I didn't find the i740
> X server. Can you help me please?

*kicks his stoopid i740*

Depends on which X version you're running:
*brain dump follows*

3.3.3.1: (Around slink, or such)
    You need the i740 driver from Precision Insight (Sorry, I've forgotten
    the URL)

3.3.6: (Potato)
    The i740 is driven by the SVGA server.

4.0.(1|2|3) (Woody - possibly)
    The i740 module is dragged in by the straight X server.

4.1.0
    The i740 module in 4.1.0 is known to be broken, use the module from
    4.0.3 (I can send it to you, if you like)

Now, after all that, how do you use it?

3.3.6

apt-get install xf86setup; xf86setup

4.(0|1).x

dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-common
(if it says 'Command not found', run 'apt-get install debconf', but that
shouldn't be necessary)

Have fun :-)

--
                                                    Steve
Synthetic Transforming Entity Viable for Exploration and Nocturnal Killing