Re: woody or sid

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:16:47AM +0200, qmichiel@xs4all.nl wrote:
> It's kind of neccesary that my system is stable cause it is running a
> website.
> But my whole problem started when I wanted to install the unstable nmap
> cause I wanted the newest as possible. I'm now thinking of installing sid
> on my second pc (now running windows cause I'm playing Tombraider) so I can
> run the newest nmap on that one.

Why don't you just get the source for nmap and build it on your potato
system?  The dependency on woody/sid just means that nmap was compiled
for woody/sid.  There is nothing preventing you from compiling your own
copy that will work just fine on potato.

It really doesn't make much sense to upgrade your whole distribution
(risking instability, incompatibility, insecurity, etc) just for the new
version of nmap.

noah