Re: woody or sid

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 qmichiel@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Should I upgrade to woody or sid from potato?
>
> Please give me your opinion.

I've upgraded 3 machines from potato to woody. But each time, there were
packages that were only in sid (some gnome packages, for example). So I
updated to sid and got everything updated and working and then backed my
sources.list to just woody. I actually left in potato in case I need some
old package, but I don't know if this is harmful in any way. My idea is to
probably not update to sid again now that it's working.

I did mine several weeks ago, and the state of sid can be broken at any
given time. I may have been lucky. Perhaps now you can update to woody
without having to get any packages from sid.

...RickM...