Re: problems with configuring X

--- fouad HENNI <henfou@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> My video card is a
> 'Trident Blade 3d PCI/AGP (ICP)'
> When I installed X under Debian 2.2 r0 I choose in
> the
> database the card number '688', that is:
> 'Trident Blade3D (generic)' and the 'svga' server.
> But when I start X with
> server 'svga'
> driver 'Trident Blade 3D (generic)'
> the computer blocs and I have no way to stop it.
> When I specify (in the XF86Config):
> server 'svga'
> driver 'Generic VGA'
> X starts, but the only graphic mode that I had is
> the
> 320x200 with a very big font.
> So what can I do to repair all that ?
>
> Thank you.
Are you connected to the internet via this computer?
If you are do you have your sources.list setup to
upgrade through apt-get? Perhaps a newer version of
2.2 will give you some more video cards to select from
(hopefully, the one you have in particular).

If wife/child will cooperate, I should be able to get
to my Linux machine at home, just set it up to upgrade
via the web, which is way cool!

Here's a link to beginning apt-get documentation.

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/apt-get-intro.html

Scott Hamma