dselect vs. apt-get

hello

well I am sorry if this has discussed to death, I didnt find a
comparison.

I always thought dselect/apt-get are frontend for dpkg.
dselect uses ncurses, apt-get is only command line. dselect offers a
manual dependency resolving while apt-get (mainly) just downloads the
file and calls dpkg...

my question is due dependencies, are they resolved the same way, either
if you use apt-get or dselect? or are there any differences. I have
recently  made the experience that dselect worked on a specifig update
(cdroast) while apt-get gave my dependency problems...

Is the difference that dselect calls database, once you use it, while
apt-get first calls dpkg and than dpkg calls the database about
dependencies?

thanks!