Re: picture browser for debian

#include <hallo.h>
Robert Waldner wrote on Fri Aug 17, 2001 um 12:09:33AM:

> You got the bit about "slow hardware", didn´t you? And when I say

The mail was not intended for you only. OTOH, many graphic software is
very slow on a average box, while the power of the graphic card (eg.
Matrox and Nvidia ones) is not used and all calculations has to be done
in the hardware. There are also other tricks that Evas uses, making it a
good choice when looking for good performance.

>  "slow" I mean *slow*, in my case it´s a Pentium 166 *down*clocked to 50
>  MHz (25 MHZ PCI-clock * 2). There is no such thing as "hardware
>  acceleration" in "slow" machines...

For passive cooling, right? I considered to tune my old machine too -
K6-2-400, downclocked to 166Mhz or so, no harddisks, low-powered cooler
where possible... would be nice for my ears.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Es gibt drei Arten der Lüge, hat einmal George Bernard Shaw gesagt: die
gewöhnliche Lüge, die Statistik und den Wetterbericht