From: dman <dsh8290@rit.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: Modem isn't working

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 08:49:09PM -0300, Rui wrote:
| Hi people,

| My modem is conected in com3 it's a UsRobotics 33600
| I've already created a link (/dev/modem -> /dev/ttyS2)
| I've already download wvdial but it couldn't find the modem.
| Can anyone help me how to configure this modem.

minicom starts.  If wvdial isn't finding your modem then the modem is
probably on a different device file or it is a winmodem.

-D

This sounds very much like a winmodem and not a real modem to me. So you'll need some drivers to make it work under Linux. Looks like Mandrake has these drivers already in it's distri. Do to www.google.com/linux and search for winmodems/UsRobotics 33600 this will give you some hints on how to make it work.

Frank