Re: Palm as serial terminal (was Re: Classic Windoze lockup while in X (Gnome))

Karsten M. Self wrote:

on Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:21:38AM -0700, Craig Dickson (crdic@yahoo.com) wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:

(Craig)
If you have only one machine, or no local network, then obviously this
won't work for you. Another possibility would be to buy a cheap used
serial terminal and compile support for serial-port consoles into your
kernel. I used to have one of these. It came in handy at times.

(Karsten)
Palm Pilot or Handspring, with terminal emulo, will turn the trick.  I'm
logged in right now to my laptop via my Palm IIIe, and ssh'd to my
desktop from there [;-)]   It's not the best of terminals, but it works.
For a quick system check and the ability to issue a "shutdown -r", it
works.

(Paul)
Thanks, I'll file that. Unfortunately that's not one of my luxuries. I should be able to get my other machine networked soon and I actually have an old laptop I can get going again as well as a serial crossover cable.

Thanks,

Paul