How to make ppp0 default gateway automaticly?

I installed ppp2.4.1 with the pppoe plugin patch.
And it does not have a script like /etc/init.d/pppd

I always type
	pppd eth0
	(wait a while and make sure ppp0 is up)
	route add default gw x.x.x.x (isp's ip)
to make it work.

but how can I make ppp0 the default gateway automaticly when ppp0 is up?
Can I add some option to ppp, so ppp will do the right thing?
Or must I need a script like the original /etc/init.d/pppd comes with
debian's  package?