RE: How to answer

I tend also to do this as well.

> I can see a problem, though, if someone wants "normal" follow-ups to
>  the list, but the occasional private reply to an address other than
>  which was posted from.

There is also another problem which noone (I believe) has really addressed.
In a discussion post like this it is possibly better for it to go only to
the list, but in the case of a system problem, the post should really always
be cc'd back to the originator (if he/she wishes).

When you are up to your knees in a broken system it is sometimes preferable
not to have to scan a general list which may be up to 45 mins delayed.

> Of course, this is all IMHO, and I´m somewhat sleep-deprived at the
>  moment and haven´t had enough coffee yet, so please take it with a
>  grain of salt :)
done            ^^^^

I am glad I am not the only one feeling this way

Ian