Re: gnome/mouseroller

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 09:29:46PM -0400, Jeff Maxson wrote:

> running X 4.1, and that didn't seem to do the trick.  I tried
>
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> as well, which it at least accepted, but didn't work.  Seems to move the
> pointer up when I scroll up (but not down when scroll down), and doesn't
> do anything to the screens (scrolling netscape, for example).

You probably need to change your mouse protocol from ps/2 to one that
supports the mouse wheel, such as:

Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"

That works for my MS Optical, but would probably be different for
non-MS mice.

Also IIRC, 4.x Netscape doesn't natively support the mouse wheel.  Try
mozilla/konqueror/galeon/etc. instead.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>