Re: How to answer

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:43:34PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
> >I don't think this is really true, at least not in GNU/Linux land.
> >mutt and gnus support Mail-Followup-To: ... what else is there? :)
>
> Simply put, a whole world of MUAs (look at my headers for example,

Note the smiley :)

>  sometimes I even use mh (not _n_mh) directly, I´m also known for
>  invoking sendmail directly if needs be, but that´s another story).
>
> >Debian listmasters believe setting
>
> Setting Reply-To as a list-member or forcing a certain Reply-To ($list
>  or $poster) as list-admin? I can´t find anything harmful in the
>  former...

Ah, perhaps I didn't catch your meaning then ... are you suggesting
that users set Reply-To: to the list?  I guess that's an option as
long as the user doesn't want to use Reply-To: for something else (e.g
they send from user@domain.com but want replies at user@domain.net.
This argument may be a bit weak if you take into account the fact that
the user wants replies to go to the list and not to their address at
all).

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.