Re: Wordperfect Suite 8 for Linux

Hi,

I have the free download wordperfect 8.  I unwrapped the tarball into
/usr/local/wp8 or something like that, and made a simlink to the
ultimate executable.  It's been a long time . . .

I remember I had to install a few libraries...  xpm4.7, xpm4g, and one
more I believe.  At www.corel.com they used to have a big linux session
with a mailing list.  I poked around in the mailing list archives to
find this out.

Someone said to create this little script to launch it and it worked:

#!/bin/sh
WORD_DIR=/usr/local/wp8
BINDIR=$WORD_DIR/wpbin
$BINDIR/xwp &