Re: Getting online with a cable modem

High,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Ruth Sanford wrote:

> I am trying to get online with a cable modem. My server is optimum
> online. My network card is 3Com 3c920. I am using Progeny Debian. Thanks
> in advance for any helpful experience or know how.

What kind of cable modem is it? What information did they give you for
connection?

My cable modem works this way. It is a Com21:
- insmod 3c59x
- ifconfig eth0 <your ip> netmask <your netmask> up
- route add default gateway <your gateway>

Replace the <...> with the information for your ISP.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan